Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Where to Go in Paris?

Paris is a busy metropolitan city. But that is why it is rife with life and people. Sometimes, it is hard to move around the city, but all means of public transport are working properly, but be careful these days, strikes are possible to block the traffic.
Apart from all this, you can always find a peaceful place to sit down and relax. One such place is Jardin des Plantes, a green garden easily accessible with the popular bateau bus. 
Upon arrival you can catch a metro from the nearest metro station. Me, for example, I was bound to go to Hotel Paris la Defense, but I didn't really know where it was. But a took a long walk, fortunately I didn't have much luggage.
So starting from Place de Concorde, I went all the way down to the Triumphal arch. I saw there the Hotel Paris Arc de Triomphe and there were kind and showed me the way to my hotel.
I realised that my hotel was in the very centre of the city. Hotel La Defense is near the famous Quadrangle with the eyes inside, called the Centre of Modern Technology and Industry. It is strange but classy.
So, as far as I was able to explore Paris, Notre Dame was so grandiose. It is worth seeing, while recollecting the story told by Victor Hugo.
All most important places to visit in Paris are located along the River Seine. So just go along the canal and explore all the beauties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment