Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rethinking Movie Settings

As I watch more and more movies, the question of why Hollywood does not use more natural settings has been bothering me. Yes, your explosions, fast paced car chases, and special effects are all captivating, but what about the natural beauty that exists in our world?
To be honest, while I was staying in one of the Scottish highland hotels that I frequent, I felt that it would have been a great location for many movies that I had already seen. If Hollywood would just take my advice, I feel that the movies that they produce would be much more realistic. While, many places, such as New Zealand, have been the setting for some great movies, there are so many more to pick from.


If you have not caught on yet, I am a big fan of Scotland. There is nowhere else like it in the world, both for tourist attractions and natural beauty. I have been visiting Scotland for many years, since much of my family still lives there. The country would be ideal for many movie settings, as it is home to the Highlands, and also some very vibrant cities. Where else does such contrast exist?

To be honest, I think I will send in my resume to some of the big Hollywood producers asking them for a job. I think it would be a lovely career, travelling from country to country in search of movie settings. Hopefully they will even allow me to stay at the renowned Country house hotel Scotland if they should hire me. I don't think I will be holding by breathe on this one, seeing how I am not really qualified in such a field. Yet, a girl can dream, can't she? Anyway, if you have never been to Scotland, you more than likely are not aware of what I am speaking of. Take a trip and find out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment