Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Passing on the Torch

One of my most memorable family vacations when I was young was when my mother took us to Scotland. I am not too sure how she decided on that country, but it was a good choice.
I can still recall wandering around some of the Hotels in Perthshire to this day. The narrow streets that crossed and weaved through much of the city were a constant form of entertainment for me, as I felt like I had taken a step back in time. With my younger brother in hand, we would stroll through the avenues more than likely pretending to be royalty or something ridiculous like that.

After considering the immense amount of enjoyment I received from that trip, I am considering taking my children there. I am well aware that the city that I experienced in my youth has more than likely undergone some extensive changes, but I also feel that Scotland is a very magical place that can more than likely withstand any type of development. There is just something about the atmosphere that allows one to truly be encompassed by the culture.

Although many of the hotels I have looked into so far have been booked, there is a particular Cairngorms hotel that looks quite promising. They offer their guests a very lengthy list of luxurious services, all at a reasonable price. Plus, being located that close to Cairngorms ski hill will only enhance our adventure. I sure am glad that my mother introduced me to the wonderful country of Scotland, as I am now able to share a similar type of experience with my children. I am sure that my mother would be proud to know that I am passing on the torch that she lit inside of me so many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment