Tuesday, December 20, 2011

An Evening to Relax

Sometimes you just need to take a break from it all, especially when you find yourself abroad. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing what a new city has to offer. Yet, there comes a time during each trip that I just need to sit back and spend an evening in my hotel room.
Luckily, my Hotel breaks Scotland has one of the most gorgeous layouts imaginable. It feels as though I am laying in my bed back home, while watching some of the newest movies on the giant HD television that is in my room. I can not imagine a better way to spend an evening when I am in such a state.

I have been in Scotland for nearly three weeks at this point for work, and although I love the country very much, the conferences are beginning to wear me down a little. It seems like day in and out that is all I am doing, listening to some individual go through a year's worth of statistics in an attempt to scratch his boss' back in hopes of a promotion. While I absolutely understand why this is necessary, it does not mean that I have to enjoy it. I would rather receive a email concerning the entire presentation than to have to sit through three hours of torture, but that is just me.

While I sit in my room, everything begins to return to normal. My brain can finally focus, instead of wandering from though to thought. The HD television, although often neglected in my hotel room, is being used to its full potential this evening, and I am certainly appreciating its presence. My short break Scotland has been able to cater to my every need, often exceeding my expectations. Thus, if I find myself in this situation again next year, I will surely visit this hotel again, or hotel Dunkeld, that I've heard only superlatives about. Why not trying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment